Monday, December 18, 2017

PriNce chArming



Just when I thought I had really gotten out “Prince Charmings” out of my system, I still want to be swept off my feet and ride into the sunset with him on his steed… [bleck!].

 Here’s my favorite quote during high school about a prince: One day, every girl’s prince will come. Mine just took a wrong turn, got lost and is too stubborn to ask for directions! Anyway, I guess I’m just waiting for the “Greatest Love Story of My Life”. 
   My, how I’ve really changed about my thoughts on things, I was the type who’d get into as many relationships as I could because I believe hat you had to try all to find “the one” .
   Now, it’s very different, I know it sounds a little bit too radical, but if I don’t feel like the guy is the one I’m supposed to marry then I won’t DIVE into having that relationship wit him.
 The thing is, I think (And I’m not saying that you should think the way I do, we are all entitled to our own beliefs) the reason why I should have a boyfriend in the first place is that I want someone as my companion for all the remaining days of my life here on earth and that is the sole purpose. Jumping from one relationship to the next is like eating at a buffet, sure it’s great but afterwards I won’t feel any better. 
That is why I don’t want to have any “special someone” right now. Besides I think, at this point in my life (I’m 19 years old), I am too young to think about settling down. For one, I have to finish my course (BS Occupational Therapy) at the Philippines’ premier state university, where getting in is so hard, but some say graduating from there will be the hardest!, then I have to travel to an exotic place (so that I could at least say I have traveled!), and of course, all of my friends know this site…to build an orphanage for the street children (when you study at a city where you see kids sleep on the dirty sidewalk and tots running around in tattered clothes and have runny noses, you just want to scream at the injustice of it all!).
 I think that this “season of singleness” is the time to pursue my dreams and to invest in myself so that when I finally meet “the guy” I won’t be like other women (not all, some, I am not generalizing, these are just my observations from our culture) whose life has just started when they finally met their match. 
I want to have enjoyed this point in my life so that I’d be a whole person and may be a better one then I’d enjoy having someone to love because I have loved myself first.